Ben Farrell to release debut EP on 11/05/2015
Different Circle Records are pleased to announce that we will be releasing “Tickling The Dragon’s Tail”, the debut EP from Glasgow’s Ben Farrell. Four tracks of bleak subject matter set to melodic folk music featuring progressive fingerpicking and darker thought processes.
Describing the EP, Ben Farrell says “Imagine The Smiths bumping into Syd Barrett at an anti nuclear demo before heading off to an opium den”. Inspiration for this record comes from seldom explored sources, the opening track, “Lament for the liquidator”, is an ode to the liquidators of Chernobyl.
Ben Farrell is an Irish immigrant living and working in the harsher parts of Glasgow. He has strong anarchist politics and a love for folk music. Although, he admits “it’s witchcraft that guides me”.
- Lament for the Liquidator (downloadable on pre-ordering)
- The Tree (Forever Take Me Down)
- The Little Teachers
- Farewell Captain Cauldie
The EP will be released on 11th of May 2015 on CD and digital formats, available through the Different Circle Website and Bandcamp. The pre-order is open now.
- Product Page: http://www.differentcircle.com/releases/tickiling-the-dragons-tail.html
- Label Bandcamp: https://differentcircle.bandcamp.com/album/tickling-the-dragons-tail
- Label Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/diffcirclerecords
- Label Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/differentcirclerecords
There will be an EP Launch at The Blue Chair (HIgh St) in Glasgow on the 8th of May. Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/447482635410554/
The EP was recording in Glasgow at Different Circle’s in house studio, engineered and mixed by Gareth McNicol. It was mastered by Chris Dickinson.